Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2019

How to make a painted cushion By: Arvay

In my class at Saint Pius X Catholic School, we decided to get to know eachother and ourselves better. We did this as part of our health and wellness to get to know what makes us work and feel happy if we are sad. We made cushions that were all about us! Everything we put on our cushions were things that were important to us like our family, favourite food, hobbies, culture we are and religious values that are important to us. We all guessed which cushion belonged to who and talked about what makes us special and unique. Our teacher Miss Nees-Kairua said it is our differences and our similarities that make us all unique and special. When we were making the cushion I liked making them because I've never made a cushion before, but what I didn't like about making the cushion was that it didn't turn out as I wanted it to be. Why I didn't like my cushion was because the paint turned into another color. If I could make another cushion I would choose a different type of paint.

This is how my cushion turned out!!!



How to make a Painted Cushion:

  1. Choose a square shaped fabric
  2. Choose what kind of paint (It doesn't have to be fabric paint)
  3. Buy or get a piece of white chalk
  4. Make a line around and make a cross touching the line around the piece of fabric with the chalk
  5. Choose any 4 color's of paint (I chose white, blue, purple and brown)
  6. Paint those any 4 color's of paint into the 4 pieces that you made from the chalk and let it dry
  7. Once it's dry design the 4 parts with the chalk
  8. When you've finished designing the fabric choose the colors to paint it.
  9. Now paint the design on the fabric.
  10. If you want the other side to be the same then repeat these steps and if not then buy a different type of fabric that's already designed
  11. Sew the pieces of fabric together and leave a whole so you can put the fluff inside.
  12. When the fluff is inside the cushion then sew the rest of it
Now you have your very own cushion!!!!
This is how my cushion turned out!!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment