Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Narrative - As I saw it - Me the Mākoi

 Me the Mākoi


Oh how clearly I can remember that day. It started with a very beautiful lady, some type of leaves and me! My name is mākoi and I have been through a really rough life. She was using me to make something called kākahu. 


She took me back to the village where she lay down something called the finest inner fibre of harakeke on a mat. Now this is the part where I became useful. She scraped me along the length of the first strip of harakeke.


She continued until we all heard someone talking out loud, saying something about a waka has landed. They were talking about a guy called Otiriunui who fell back on his spot, after the people on the waka heard a bang as loud as thunder! He was surrounded with items until he was shot with a big hole in his back. Everyone was so worried. 


251 years later someone found me. I was picked up by a little girl and taken to a laboratory which scanned me to reveal my history. I remember a bright horizontal light shining right in my eyes blinding me. They put me in a bag and transported me to the South Island where I was polished and sanded. After that I was taken all the way back to the north island in Auckland. I was taken to the University of Auckland. I was tested in the science lab. I heard a phone ring. They answered and I heard a tiny voice asking for me and many other objects. While that was in my brain I looked beside me and there were much more objects. I turned back to the call. A few days later a beautiful lady also known as a wonderful teacher took me to her class and I was presented to her class.


I am so happy with this story someone wrote about me. Her name’s Arvay and she is so smart ;) Thank you for reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment