Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Summer Learning Journey Day 5: Against the Odds Activity 1: National Treasure

Sophie Pascoe is a New Zealand para-swimmer. This means she is a competitive swimmer with a physical disability. Very sadly, Sophie was run over by a lawn mower when she was only 2 years old. She had to have the bottom of her left leg amputated. However, despite this terrible accident, she was determined to become a competitive swimmer.

Sophie has won numerous New Zealand and world para-swimming titles, including nine Olympic gold medals. She has also won the Halberg Award for Disabled Sportsperson of the Year three times. Sophie is a great example of a New Zealander who did not let her disability stop her from achieving her dreams. She is truly a ‘National Treasure’. A national treasure is someone or something that is very important to a country.
...................................................................................................................................................................
My Learning:
1. My Life - I am thankful for a life because I live a happy one.
2. My Family - I'm thankful for my siblings parents ancestors and relatives.
3. Shelter - I'm thankful for shelter because it covers me when it rains.
4. Food and Water - I am thankful for food and water because it keeps me up and running.
5. A school - I'm thankful for a school because I have to learn.
6. Money - So we can pay the rent and bills.
7. Clothes - So I'm not cold.
8. My religion - So I can believe and thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment